Airbnb, the apartment sharing website has been a good friend to millions of tourists across the globe. The company is known for its efficient service and is already making record breaking market revenue. Though it is a good friend, it could even be a worst enemy as well. Airbnb is known for a never ending list of controversies such as theft of personal property and sexual assaults. In order to stay protected, you need to follow certain rules.
- Feel free to converse with your host before you arrive at the spot. Talk to the host and know better, it is never a crime to get to know about a person
- It is always safe to do a small research on your apartment, check out the reviews and ratings before you make up your mind. Google map could be your best friend when it comes to the locations.
- You have friends and they can help you when it comes to decision making! Always stick with the host that your friends and neighbors have previously chosen.
- Do not forget to make note of the emergency contact numbers of your host’s location. It could be of great help, local police, fire department, and hospital service are MUST in the list.
- Always try to stick with the STAY ON OWN option; try to avoid an apartment that would be shared with the host. It’s not a good idea guys, your host could be a possible psycho-path!
- Let your friends and family know about the location of your host and always keep your phones ON.
- Check whether your room can lock from inside because it could possibly help you from crime scenes, just kidding guys!
- Make sure your apartment has a smoke detector and feel free to ask your host if it is missing.